Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hunger Games

Wow--talk about a marketing campaign.  Here's the official site for the Hunger Games movie, due out March 23.  Trailers, games and so much more!  I, for one, am very anxious to see the movie.  I'm hoping it will be as good as the hype has been. 

I often wonder about marketing campaigns like this.  I know they help the movie but what about the novel the movie was based on?  Well in this case, I think it's working for both the movie and the book.  I cannot keep copies of this book on the shelves.  I've even had to buy more copies just to meet the demand!  I can tell every time a new trailer comes out--more kids come in for the book.  I had to laugh though.....a teacher came in and asked, "Have you heard of the book The Hunger Games?"  Uh, yeah.....just a little. There's a long waiting list.......

So enjoy the trailers and the official movie site for now....we only have 37 more days till the movie debuts on screens all around the country!

No comments:

Post a Comment