Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Twitter

Who do you follow on Twitter?  Do you ever send any tweets?  Do you know what a hash tag is? 

I'm finding my best professional readings come from Twitter.  I have several organizations I follow--SLJ, ALA, TCEA and then I also follow some of the best professionals in the teacher librarian world--Joyce Valenza, Buffy Hamilton and Teri Lesene. I have some other random people I follow, people in the publishing world since I want to be a writer when I grow up.  And then I also follow some general news sites--our local tv station and newspaper, a network news site and Texas Monthly magazine. 

All in all, I get a broad spectrum of news and information as well as keeping up with the trends in our field.  I can join #edchat to see what teachers are discussing.  Once a month #titletalk discusses young adult books and titles. I can at a glance scan the postings and save any that might catch my eye.  I think I've done more professional reading this year since I've joined Twitter than I've done in a long time.

Do you have a Twitter name?  Post it here and I'll follow you too!

P.S.  Found this great Common Craft video of Twitter basics.  Hope this helps!
http://www.commoncraft.com/video/twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment