Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ray Bradbury August 22. 1920--June 6, 2012

"You weren't there, you didn't see," he said. "There must be something in books, things we can't imagine, to make a woman stay in a burning house; there must be something there. You don't stay for nothing."
 from Farenheit 451

With great sadness today, I read of the passing of Ray Bradbury, one of the great literary writers of our age.  I remember the first time I read Farenheit 451--I was appalled at the idea of someone burning books.  When I reread the book--as an older reader--I realized the significance of the story to our modern age.  To this day, it is still one of my favorite books.

Lots of articles are being written today about this great man so I will just say Godspeed and you will remain in our thoughts--as long as there are books to read and ideas to discuss.  Thank you for sharing your writing with us all--the world is a much better place because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment